From lemons to ham, salt is a handy food preservative. But researchers studying some really old salt crystals found them preserving something else — evidence of life.
News From NPR
Candy, Under the Banner of Heaven, I Love That For You and Made for Love are all on our TV critic's list.
Aimed at serving a regional "abortion desert," the clinic plans to open, despite the expected overturn of Roe v. Wade. It's become a focal point for abortion debate in the state.
The school argues that it exercised its contractual right to deny the Robinson children enrollment in 2021, as school officials determined it was in the "best interest of the school."
Georgia holds the political spotlight, as primary races take place in southern states this Tuesday. Here are nine contests we're keeping an eye on.
Organizers say proceeds from the auction will be donated to PEN, which advocates for free expression around the world.
Writing for the 6-3 conservative majority, Justice Clarence Thomas said federal courts may not hear post-conviction evidence to show how deficient the trial or appellate lawyer in state court was.
News From KEDM
Everyone 5 and up should be vaccinated and boosted to stay safe against COVID-19
Torregrossa has served in law enforcement for 43 years, with the past six years at ULM. He views this leadership position as an opportunity to unite the research prowess of higher education with better training opportunities for both college and municipal police departments.
Information about what's happening at KEDM.
- 3 months into the Russia-Ukraine war: What happened today (May 24)
- Many nations say they won't go to the Summit of the Americas unless all are invited
- Monkeypox isn't like COVID-19 — and that's a good thing
- The Activision Blizzard union vote could signal a big change in the video game world
- Parachutes for spacecraft are challenging to design and worrisome to engineers
- Louisiana man, in prison on a Jim Crow conviction, gets a new hearing
- Weeks after Ida, Bayou communities outside New Orleans' levee system still devastated
- Garland deflects lawmakers' questions on Trump as he tries to sidestep politics
- Rep. Fred Upton discusses the date of the infrastructure bill
- Library holds an 'Ocean of Possibilities' for summer reading
- A block in Massachusetts is the test site for ways to cool cities in the summer
- Army bases that were named for Confederate officers now have new name recommendations
- A Ukrainian medic recorded footage of her time in Mariupol — then sent it to the AP
- High inflation is taking a toll on energy and housing markets
- American pickle legend Robert J. Vlasic has died at age 96